Wednesday, June 23, 2010

FEAR & DREAMING ON ALP TRAIL

About to hit the sack , the breaking news of the challenge to PM Rudd came through. Off to bed with the political situation and , as usual ,ideas for blogs spinning about in my head, fell asleep … and woke up at a packed media scrum being held by PM Rudd!

In my dream , there I was ,standing behind the PM, me clad in a suit, but wearing only one shoe . As the PM passionately put the case justifying his hold on office, I was more interested in finding my shoe. At one stage, I patted him on the back and told him to keep on speaking , while I gazed about for the errant piece of footwear.

Suddenly, all the reporters rushed away , followed soon after by the PM. Still I looked for the shoe and came upon a trail of delightful old sporting medals , some enamel and gold, which I picked up , examined, polished and pocketed.

What an odd dream . Wonder what a shrink would make of this? My subconscious mind may have envisaged stayput Rudd attending the ALP caucus meeting and beating the rostrum with his shoe like angry Nikita Kruschev when he addressed the UN. Of course the missing shoe could also have meant that Kevin 07 would get the boot soon after the cock crowed in the morn.


I did not need Freud to interpret that part of the vision in which the entire media pack dashed off and left the PM behind . Cleary , this symbolised the fickleness of the scribes who love you with all the passion of a kerbside knee- trembler and very quickly leave you for a cosmetic injection. Still cannot fathom the meaning for that trail of sporting medals .